Women Sports Empowerment

Art Statement:

My artwork is to promote Women’s Heritage Month and Women’s sports. A notable figure that has done this over the recent years is Iowa women’s basketball player, Caitlyn Clark. This piece of art is is bold and meant to stand out which represents Women’s Heritage Month. Clark has promoted and has brought so much attention towards the women’s sports world. She has also put women’s basketball on the map and brought so much rise to the industry. I created my artwork by using both Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. I used a multitude of technique and ideas to complete this piece of art. I used multiple layers and clipping mask to bring color and life to this poster. I also chose a bright and beautiful color panel to make this piece vibrant and animated. The big idea behind this art work is that I play basketball. I can relate to Caitlyn Clark in that way of playing basketball through out the year. I have also noticed that women’s basketball does not get as much publicity as men’s basketball. However, Clark has promoted the sport so much which was a big reason why I picked her as my figure. My goals for this artwork was to create a poster that really sent a message to the viewer. I wanted this poster to empower others to be like Caitlyn Clark and to do what they love. Everyone should pursue their dreams no matter how much publicity their hobby has behind it. What I learned in creating this artwork is that I should always be myself and not listen to what others think of it. I must follow through with my own unique ideas and not listen what others have to say. This piece of art will influence my future artworks by being unique and really using my creativity.