Palatable Portraits Reflections

Taken in my kitchen at my home
Taken outside the OP Soccer Field

Question 1: The reason why I chose these foods to take a picture of is because I eat them on a daily basis. They are common foods that I eat in my everyday lives. I can relate to both foods which is why I chose to take pictures of them. I also chose these foods because of their bright colors that can pop due to the color splash effect.

Question 2:  The lighting in both of my photos were very similar because it was cloudy that day. This effected the lighting which made the photo look darker because it was cloudy and raining. I now know that next time I should take photos that produce more light so that they pop and are vibrant.

Question 3: The composition technique that I tried to use when editing my photos was the framing technique. I tried to put my photos in a position where they would be intriguing to person looking at them. I cropped my photos so that the full focus would be on the person and the food, and less of the background. I cropped out most of the background so that the portrait stood out.

Question 4: The colors in the color splash technique contributed greatly to the overall photo. This is because they gave other elements to the photo as they made it pop and way more vibrant. I chose to mask the specific colors in each photo because it made the photo more visually appealing. I thought that the parts that I chose to mask provided an extra effect to the photo.

Question 5: When I took my second photo from home I used the portrait mode. This helped the photo focus on the person that was eating the food. It also reduced the blurriness that the photo had. It made everything clear that the photo could stand out and pop.

Question 6: The advice that I would give next years class for making portraits is when taking photo on your phone always use portrait mode. This make the photo more clear and less blurry for the person looking at your photo. The second pice of advice that I would give next years class is that you should use foods that I bright and warm colors. This will give the final product a more vibrant look rather than a dull color.